GET IN TOUCH
PTE Academic is an English language proficiency test provider in Canada. Accepted by most Canadian universities and colleges, it’s the best choice to help you obtain your Letter of Acceptance from a Canadian Designated Learning Institute. Many Indians migrate to Canada or other countries for their higher studies because of less pricing in education and living, education brand, Work permit after graduation, and a Secure Environment. Many Indian professional’s dream is to migrate to Canada for work because of its relatively easy procedures to obtain permanent residency.
If you are also applying to study abroad, you will have to clear either of these three courses- IELTS/ TOFEL/ PTE. In this article, we are telling you about everything regarding PTE tests. To know everything about them, read our article till the end.
Documentation required for study abroad
To study abroad, you might be asked to provide some documents. Once again, requirements may vary depending on the country and the university, but international students are often asked to provide the following:
- Passport photos for identification
- A statement of purpose
- Academic references/ letters of recommendation
- Certificate of your secondary education with 70 percent marks.
- Proof of English-language proficiency (e.g. a TOEFL, PTE, or IELTS certificate, for schools in English-speaking countries), or another language test
- Admissions test results (e.g. GMAT/GRE results, for graduate programs)
Now we are telling you about the PTE test.
PTE or the Pearson Test of English and PTE-Academic is the English test undertaken by students and aspirants who desire to go abroad for studying or immigrate to a major English-speaking country. Pearson Test of English or the PTE is the most standardized test throughout the world.
The Pearson Test of English Academic or the PTE is an English language test designed to assess the readiness of non-native English speakers to participate in a university-level English language instruction program. Its details are:
Speaking & Writing
77 – 93 minutes
· Personal Introduction
· Read Aloud
· Repeat sentence
· Describe image
· Re-tell lecture
· Answer short question
· Summarise written text (10 mins)
· Essay (20mins)
32 – 41 minutes
· Reading and Writing: Fill in the blanks
· Multiple-choice, choose multiple answers
· Re-order paragraphs
· Reading: Fill in the blanks
· Multiple-choice, choose a single answer
· A 10-minute break is optional
45 – 57 minutes
· Summarise spoken text
· Multiple-choice, choose multiple answers
· Fill the blanks
· Highlight the correct summary
· Multiple choices, choose a single answer
· Select missing word
· Highlight incorrect words
· Write from dictation
Best options and how abroad aspirants prepare to get an edge?
You should prepare for these exams by following the below-written steps:
- Improve your understanding of reading, speaking, writing, and listening test format and questions
- Identify key points
- Make your answers relevant
Your responsibilities when you get the Canada study visa
- Make continuous progress in your course
- Abide by all the requirements that are written on your study permit
- Stop your education if you no longer wish to or cannot follow the requirements listed on your permit
- Leave the country once your permit expires
- Check the permit if you are allowed to travel before planning any trips
- Only apply for jobs if you have the work permit as well
GET IN TOUCH
If you are in Canada on a visit visa and want to extend your stay, you will need to apply for visitor status. You can apply for visitor status at a Canadian immigration office from within the country. However, you should apply for a Canada visa before your existing visitor status expires. As a general rule, if you come to Canada as a ‘visitor,’ you will be granted visitor status for a duration of six months
The following factors will determine if you need a visitor visa or ETA:
- Travel documents you plan to travel with
- Country which issued your travel document
- Your nationality
- How you plan to travel to Canada for this trip
Here are some guidelines that will help Canada Tourist Visa applicants from India:
The application form: You must first download the Canada Visit Visa application form from the website of the Canadian Government. You must download the checklist of documents as well that must be submitted along with the application. The application form must be filled online. You must then click validate and take its print out.
Booking of the accommodation and flight: Sometimes, you will also have to submit copies of your accommodation and flight bookings. This is basically to offer evidence of funds.
Submission of Covering Letter along with the documents for Canada Visa: You will have to submit all the required documents along with the application form. This must include a Covering Letter that states the purpose of your visit. You must also submit evidence of funds to demonstrate that you have adequate money to support yourself during your visit to Canada.
Collecting the Visa and Passport: It usually takes around 10 to 14 working days to obtain the Canada Tourist Visa. You will have to collect your Canada Visa and Passport from the Visa Office.
You must be currently residing in Canada.
You must have a valid passport that will be valid for the duration of your trip
You must have paid the fees associated with Form IMM 5708.
You must make sure that any other permits you have (study or job) remain valid and do not conflict with your visitor permit.